Congratulations to this year’s grand prize winner, Stacy MALUL from Richmond Hill!
1. The Contest
These Rules and Regulations apply to the On-Line Giveaway/Contest being run by Plan B Promotions Inc., Owners and Operators of Savour York Region Restaurant Week. (the “Contest”).
2. No Purchase Necessary
The Contest is open to residents of Ontario who are 19 years of age or older, but excluding employees, directors and officers of SAVOUR YORK REGION, any affiliate (as defined in the Canada Business Corporations Act) of SAVOUR YORK REGION (the “Affiliates”), employees, directors and officers any organization sponsoring the Contest, employees, directors and officers of their respective advertising and promotional agencies, as well as family members of any of the foregoing.
4. How to Enter and Win
Visit SAVOURYORKREGION.COM for specific instructions on how to enter and win the Contest. The Grand Prize Winner will be announced the week of November 2, 2015. Deadline to enter is 11:59 p.m. on November 1st, 2015. From all entries received, a (one) grand prize winner will be selected through a random draw.
5. The Grand Prize(s)
The Winner of the Grand Prize will receive, what has been set out and itemized on the website contest page.
Grand Prize Details:
- A PURE ENTERTAINMENT Prize Package, including the following:
- A $50.00 gift card to Wendel Clark’s Classic Grill and Bar
- A $50.00 Power Card to Dave & Buster’s
- A $50.00 gift card to Putting Edge Glow-in-the-Dark Mini Golf
- A $100.00 gift card to Our Thai Restaurant & Café
- FREE Private Room Rental with 2 Complimentary Platters to Dub Linn Gate Irish Pub
6. The Grand Prize(s) Value:
The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize(s) is $400.00 CDN. (excluding taxes)
7. Deadline for Claiming Grand Prize
Grand Prize winners must claim the Grand Prize within ten (10) days of winning. If the Grand Prize winner fails either to claim the Grand Prize or inform of his or her inability to claim the Grand Prize before the Deadline, his or her entry will be forfeited and another eligible entrant will be selected.
8. Limitation on Number of Entries
Only one entry per person is permitted for the Contest. Multiple entries will be discarded. No more than one Grand Prize will be awarded to any person. Entrants will be required to show valid identification when claiming any Grand Prize, and entrants who breach this condition of entry will be disqualified. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are reproduced, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
The Grand Prize winner is responsible for all incidental expenses incurred in connection with accepting the Grand Prize, including, but not limited to, transportation costs to and from the offices of Savour York Region to claim the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize winner understands that he or she may not seek reimbursement for the Expenses from Savour York Region, the Affiliates, the Sponsor(s) or their respective advertising and promotional agencies.
10. Chances of Winning
Chances of winning depend on the number of entries received.
11. No Representations or Warranties
Savour York Region Restaurant Week does not make any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of any Grand Prize. All Grand Prize winners understand and acknowledge that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from Savour York Region Restaurant Week should the Grand Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory to the Grand Prize winner.
12. Declaration and Release of Grand Prize Winner
Before being awarded the Grand Prize the Grand Prize winner must:
a) Sign a standard form confirming that by entering the Contest:
– he or she read, understood and accepted these rules and regulations;
– that he or she understands that acceptance of the Grand Prize may involve danger and/or exposure to risks and hazards of both man-made and natural origin, whether arising from foreseeable or unforeseeable human error and negligence, and that, as a result, he or she may suffer damage to personal property, serious personal injury, illness or even death;
– that he or she nevertheless freely and voluntarily agrees and does hereby assume any and all risks of personal injury, illness, death arising out of or connected with his or her participation in the Contest and winning the Grand Prize; and
– that he or she releases Savour York Region, the Affiliates, the Sponsor(s), and all of their directors, officers, employees, agents as well as their respective advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability arising in connection with participation in the Contest and acceptance of the Grand Prize, including, without limitation, any financial, legal or moral responsibility or loss or personal injury including death or damage to or loss of property suffered or incurred or arising from participating in the Contest or accepting the Grand Prize, whether suffered by the Grand Prize winner, or by his or her heirs, administrators, personal representatives or executors, and notwithstanding that such injuries or losses may have been caused solely or partly by any act, omission, negligence or gross negligence of any or all of the Releasees.
13. Grand Prize to be Accepted as Awarded
The decision of the Contest judges is final, and the Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded. No portion of the Grand Prize is transferable. The Grand Prize is not redeemable for cash and no substitute for any portion of the Grand Prize is offered. Should the Grand Prize winner be unable to claim the Grand Prize as awarded, his or her entry will be forfeited and another eligible Contest participant will be selected.
14. Substitution or Change to the Contest
Savour York, the Sponsor(s) and their respective advertising and promotional agencies reserve the right to substitute the Grand Prize or any component thereof, for those of approximately the same value and reserve the right to change the Contest rules or terminate or withdraw the Contest at any time, without prior notice.
15. Ownership of Entries
All entries shall become the property of Savour York Region Restaurant Week, the Sponsor(s) and their advertising and promotional agencies. The Releases assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, destroyed or otherwise indecipherable entries due to any failure or technical malfunction of the telephone network, on-line computer systems of equipment, servers, access providers, software, poor reception, technical problems, failure of any email or submission or due to any other reason regardless of cause.
16. Consent to Use of Personality
By entering the Contest, each entrant, including the Grand Prize winner, consents to the use of his or her name, city of residence, photograph, voice, likeness, image or any other aspect of his or her personality for any publicity and programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, in all media used by Savour York Region Restaurant Week, the Sponsor(s), promoters and their advertising and promotional agencies, without any payment or compensation. The Grand Prize winner further agrees that his or her reaction may be used for promotional purposes. The entrants understand and acknowledge that Savour York may contact him or her without prior knowledge as a result of his or her participation in the Contest.
17. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
By entering the Contest and voluntarily providing personal information including, but not limited to, name, address, city, email address, home and office telephone numbers (the “Registrant Information”), each Contest entrant grants permission to Savour York Region and the Sponsor(s) to the collection and use of the Registrant Information for the exclusive purpose of administering the Contest and selecting the Grand Prize winner(s). No correspondence will take place between Savour York Region Restaurant Week, the Sponsor(s) and the entrants except in connection with the Contest and, in the case of a Grand Prize winner, as a result of entering the Contest and winning a Grand Prize.
The email addresses of all entries will be added to the newsletter lists of Savour York Region Restaurant Week upon acceptance, from which the entrant may unsubscribe at any time.
18. Where Contest Rules and Regulations are AvailableThese Rules and Regulations are available online at SavourYorkRegion.com or at the offices of Plan B Promotions Inc. located at 27 Roytec Road, Vaughan, ON Canada L4K 3B8.
19. Compliance with Contest Rules
All contestants agree to abide by these Contest Rules and Regulations, which are subject to change at the sole discretion of Savour York Region Restaurant Week and the Sponsor(s).
20. Compliance with Laws
This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations of Canada and of each province, territory and municipality of Canada, respectively.